Time: 10-15 mins
- 50g/2oz Odlums Cream Flour
- 4 Large Potatoes (peeled and grated)
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- Pinch of Bread Soda (sieved)
- Salt and Pepper
- Oil for frying
- Chef Brown Sauce
- Put grated potatoes, flour, bread soda, egg, salt and pepper into a bowl.
- Mix well, until all Ingredients are blended together.
- Use as soon as mixture is mixed. Do not allow to stand as the mixture can discolour.
- Heat a little oil on a frying pan, when hot drop spoonfuls of mixture onto pan and fry for about 3 to 4 minutes, then turn and repeat on the other side.
- Boxty should be golden brown when cooked.
- Serve hot.
- Served as part of a hearty Irish Breakfast.
- Place poached egg or scrambled egg on Boxty.
- Serve with beef or chicken.
- Serve with Robert Roberts Caffè Italiano Coffee