Brown Sesame Loaf
Time: 1 hour
- 450g / 1lb Wheatmeal (Odlums Traditional or Hearts Delight)
- 1 level teaspoon Shamrock Bread Soda
- 25g / 1oz Sesame Seeds
- 1 tablespoon Honey or 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar (optional)
- 300ml / 1/2pt Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1 Carton Yoghurt (Natural or any flavour preferred)
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- Extra Sesame seeds for dusting
- Place wheatmeal in a large mixing bowl.
- Sieve in soda. Add the sesame seeds and mix well.
- Beat together the honey, milk, egg, yogurt and oil. This can be done in a large jug!
- Add liquid Ingredients to dry Ingredients.
- Stir until all Ingredients are well combined.
- Transfer to a well-greased 2lb loaf tin. Make a cut down the centre of loaf and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170°C, 325°F, Gas 3 for approx. 1 hour.
- Bread will be baked if base sounds hollow when tapped.
- Cool on a wire tray. For a soft crust, wrap bread in a clean tea towel.
- Serve with Robert Roberts Luxury Kenyan Tea