Chicken and Cashew Nut Stir-Fry
Time: 30 mins
- 3 tbsp Rowse honey
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 large orange
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 50g (2oz) cashew nuts
- 400g (14oz) chicken stir-fry strips
- 500g (1lb 2oz) fresh or frozen stir-fry vegetables
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh coriander, to garnish
- Mix together the honey, orange zest, orange juice, chilli sauce, soy sauce and cornflour, blending until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a wok or large frying pan and add the cashew nuts, stir-frying them for 1-2 minutes until golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and set to one side.
- Wipe out the wok or pan with kitchen paper.
- Heat the remaining oil in the wok or frying pan and add the chicken, stir-frying it for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the vegetables and stir-fry for another 3-4 minutes, until they are cooked, yet still crunchy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir the honey mixture, then add it to the wok, cooking it for a minute or so until thickened.
- Serve the stir-fry in warmed bowls, sprinkled with the cashew nuts and chopped fresh coriander.
- Serve with Roma Brown Rice.
- Pairs perfectly with a glass of Wolf Blass Yellow Label Chardonnay.
Tips: Another time, use turkey stir-fry strips instead of chicken. If you like almonds, use them instead of cashew nuts for a change.