Creamy Coconut & Honey Porridge
Time: 10 mins
- For the porridge:
- 100g porridge oats
- 1 x 400ml can coconut milk
- 250ml almond or oat milk
- Small pinch salt
- 1 tbsp Rowse Clear Honey
- 1 tbsp almond butter, optional
- For the toppings:
- 1 ripe banana, peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp shaved coconut or 1 tbsp desiccated coconut, toasted
- Rowse Clear Honey
- For the porridge, mix the oats with the coconut milk, almond milk or oat milk, and salt in a large saucepan. Place over a medium-high heat, bring to a boil then turn the heat down to low and stir well. Cover with a lid and leave to cook for 5 minutes, stirring once or twice, until the porridge is thick and creamy. If it’s too thick loosen with a little extra almond milk or boiling water; if too thin then simmer with the lid off for a minute or two. Stir in the honey and almond butter if using.
- Serve in warm bowls. Top with slices of banana, sprinkle with coconut and drizzle with honey.
- Serve with a cold glass of Sqeez Orange Juice.
NOTE: To toast the shaved or desiccated coconut heat a frying pan over a medium heat, add the coconut and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly golden and toasted.