Peanut Butter Brownies
- 175g/6oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
- 225g/8oz Butter or Margarine (room temperature)
- 125g/4oz Good Quality Chocolate
- 325g/12oz Caster Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Goodall۪s Vanilla Essence
- 4 Eggs (beaten)
- 80g Packet Shamrock Chopped Walnuts
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Odlums Baking Powder
- 4-5 tablespoons of Kelkin Peanut Butter
- Preheat oven to 160°C/320°F/Gas 3. Lightly grease an oblong brownie tin. 25cm/10″ x 15cm/6″. Small roasting tin would also do.
- Melt the butter or margarine and chocolate together over a low heat.
- Remove from heat, add the sugar and mix well.
- Add vanilla essence, eggs and chopped walnuts.
- Sieve the flour, salt and baking powder together and gently stir into chocolate mixture.
- Pour into prepared tin.
- Add the Peanut Butter in dollops around the mix & swirl it up so the peanut butter is spread evenly.
- Bake for about 40-50 minutes until crusty on top.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool, cut into brownies.
- Serve with Robert Roberts Caffè Italiano Coffee.