Spelt & Honey Scones
Time: 10 mins
- 225g/8oz Odlums Spelt Flour
- 1 teaspoon Odlums Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 25g/1oz Butter
- 2 tablespoons Rowse Honey
- 150ml/¼ pint Milk (approx)
- Above quantities may be doubled if you wish!
- Sieve flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- Rub in butter until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add honey and sufficient milk to make a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured board and gently knead to remove any cracks.
- Roll out lightly to 1″ in thickness. Cut into scones with a cutter dipped in flour.
- Place on a floured preheated baking sheet/tray, glaze with milk if liked.
- Bake in a preheated oven 220°C/425°F/Gas 8 on upper shelf position for 10 mins approx.
- Cool on a wire tray.
- To Serve, when cool, serve with a dollop of greek yoghurt and a drizzle of honey.
- Serve with Robert Roberts Luxury Kenyan Tea.