Wholemeal Blueberry Pancake Stack
Time: 10 mins
- For the pancakes:
- 125g wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 125ml – 150ml almond milk or semi-skimmed milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, sunflower oil or coconut oil, plus extra for frying
- 100g blueberries
- To serve:
- Rowse Clear Honey
- Fresh berries
- Plain natural yoghurt or Greek-style yoghurt
- Heat the oven to 100C. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Tip any bran in the sieve into the bowl.
- In a jug, lightly beat together the milk and egg, then stir in the melted butter or coconut oil.
- Use a fork or whisk to mix the wet ingredients into the dry until you have a fairly smooth batter.
- Heat a knob of butter or a drizzle of sunflower or coconut oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add a ladle of batter to make a pancake about 8cm in diameter (depending on the size of your pan you may be able to cook 2-3 at one time).
- Cook for 2-3 minutes or until small bubbles appear on top of the pancakes, then scatter some blueberries on top. Flip them over and cook for 1-2 minutes until golden-brown and the pancakes are risen and fluffy.
- Keep the pancakes warm in the oven while you cook the rest. To serve, stack them up, drizzling each with a little honey as you go. Top with some yoghurt, a few fresh berries and another drizzle of honey
- Serve with a cold glass of Sqeez orange juice.